Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Good" Traffic?

Living in California and driving the 405 on a regular basis, "traffic" is a term I never thought I'd hear with a positive spin...but WOW...I cannot believe how many hits the site got after the Stevie Nicks post! I can't take credit for that one, though. There are a lot of Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac fans and they are amazing people who did a great job about spreading the word about that post, so thank you again to all of them.

It's funny because I never really realized the power of the little keywords at the bottom of the posts until I put "Stevie Nicks" in there and then all of a sudden, WHAM, as opposed to what I felt like driving home from LA yesterday, a lot of extra traffic out of nowhere was actually a good thing :)

I guess now I know why marketers use the keywords they use and why I get emails and pop up ads for such things that...well, don't apply to me. They know what people are searching for, apparently. Don't worry, I'm not going to put any irrelevant words in my blogs or keyword boxes...I'm not going to sell my soul for site traffic, I'm doing this blog to chronicle my journey and for nothing else. I want people to read my writing, but only those who genuinely want to read it, not people who I tricked into coming to the site. So, if you're here and you're reading it and enjoying it, thank you for being here :) If you somehow got here by accident...it wasn't any genius marketing tactic I devised, I promise, so clear your cookies and search history, but if you like what you see, bookmark the site and stay for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment